Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 3, 40 to go......

This morning I woke with a headache.   It was a tough night last night, I probably woke up 4-6 times, for sure I got up 3 times to use the bathroom.  I also felt hungry, maybe not so much stomach growling but the feeling of my stomach feeling empty.  My stomach does not feel bloated at all so that's a change for the better.  My weight this morning was 132.6.  Darn it, I don't want this to feel like a diet, I want it eat as much as I want of healthy food and just eliminate the useless food in my diet and I don't want to focus on losing weight. 

Useless food, that's interesting.  When I can start looking at food as fuel for my body and not pleasure for my mouth, that's the day I will have my eating under control.

Today was an elliptical day, I'm gradually working up to a 30 minute workout inbetween my running days.  I started at 5 minutes, then 6, and today it was 7 minutes, that machine is tough, but I figure if I gradually increase my time I won't burn out.

2:45 pm We are heading out to eat in about an hour.  So far today I have been "on program" and just finished a spinach fruit smoothie for lunch.  My mantra will be:  eat healthy, eat in moderation, DO NOT OVEREAT, order healthy..............relax have a MGD 64 or maybe two!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Barb - you're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...I love your Runner's Prayer on the Penguin thread. May I copy it and put it on my bulletin board at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. donnamacd...........I searched The Runner's Prayer and bit more and found the authors:
    "Prayer by Maureen McNellis and Karen Schulte in Day by Day: The Notre Dame Prayerbook for Students, eds. Thomas McNally and William G. Storey (Notre Dame: Ave Maria Press, 2004), p. 71." I am sure you can print it and post it for you personal use. :)

    ReplyDelete