Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 10, 33 to go........

Ten days already, I know without a doubt now that I feel better!  The last couple nights I even slept without waking even for a potty run.  Now that's amazing.  I feel calm, that's the best word I can use to describe myself.  There's no sense of feeling wired anymore. 

My weight was still at 131 so no further loss there. 

New things:

I tried steel cut oatmeal today for the first time, actually I did make it one other time in a crock pot over night but that didn't work.......ended up throwing it all away in the morning.  This time I cooked it according to the package instructions, 1 cup of water to 1/4 cup oatmeal and simmer for 20-25 minutes.  It seems like a long time to wait for breakfast but by the time I got my morning chores done and taking a shower it was time to eat.  I didn't add milk, just a little honey and it was terrific.  It definitely beat out the rolled oatmeal I usually have and the instant stuff, I think you can forget that from now on. 

I bought stevia for sweetener.  After doing some research on artificial sweeteners I think it would be best to just say NO.  Did you know that Splenda actually was invented while chemists were creating insecticides.  One chemist but a bit on his finger and tasted it (who knows why) but it was very sweet and the story goes on from there to the supermarket shelves.  Stevia is a plant derivative and is sold in the health food department of your grocery store or in health food stores, not my the sugar products.  Tomorrow I will try it for the first time.

These are small steps I'm taking to improve my health and to feel better.  I want to learn to nourish my body and just not eat mindlessly because the food industry has figured out a way to get me to eat more and more.  Food cravability is what they call it.  According to the book I am reading the restaurants have turned our food into Adult baby food.   They make it easy to eat and and easy to swallow.  All the flavors and texture melt together and slide down our throat easily and this is done by adding just  the right amount of fat.  That chapter in the book reminded me of all the burritos that I have enjoyed at the Mexican restaurants, when everything is mixed together in my mouth and the flavors all melt into one big comfort food party.   Not only that but we are given such large portions and entice us to overeat, it's all a plan for us to get our dollar's worth and come back again, only to be able to eat more next time.  It's all a conspiracy, lol.  Do you know that an average $1.00 fountain soda at a fast food restaurant costs them 10 cents?  So why not double the size and sell it to us for $1.50, we think we are getting a deal and they are making more money.

What I am figuring out, (and it's about time) is that we have to educate ourselves.  We need to be know the tricks of the trade.   We have to know what is in processed foods (chemical additives that flavor the food into something you want it to be BUT it's really not).  Is the cheese sauce really cheese?  ummmm????

No comments:

Post a Comment