Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 15, 28 to go............

Finally, a day to catch up with my computer friends, enjoy a cup a coffee, and reflect on life.

My weight this morning was 130.2.  That's 1.2 # more than yesterday but I totally expected it.  Stress can cause your body to gain in a few ways.  Cortisol is released in our body when we are under stress or perceived stress, nervous energy from the stress can cause us to eat more than we normally would, and we may or may not exercise the way we do when the stress is not apparent. 

There's a couple of stressors going on right now, one a good stress and one bad.

First the good:  OPRAH.  I am attending the taping of Oprah on Thursday, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban are the guests.  Caron and I will be leaving on Wednesday for Chicago and attending a movie screening for Nicole's new movie, Rabbit Hole, which will be released on Dec. 17.  The screening is at the ShowPlace ICON Theatre in Chicago.  The stressor.........what to wear to the screening, what to wear to the show........OH MY!  Yesterday I went shopping and bought a rose colored sweater and a black top for underneath to go with my black dress pants.  I will wear that to the Oprah show.  For the movie screening I plan on  wearing new jeans and sweater.

The bad stress:  My knees.  I have a doc appt. on Friday, hopefully it will all be just an overuse issue again.  Actually, today the 6th day of rest for the knees, they are feel a bit better so maybe I will just have to take it slow again.  I am registered to run the Turkey Trot next Friday, 5 mile course, which I plan to run/walk. 

Eating:  Last night we went to Tony Roma's for dinner after my shopping excursion.  Honestly, I think I was really aware of the food.  We ordered an appetitzer sampler and after eating part of that I was not hungry.  I could have left without eating my entree.  I ordered my favorite entrie, Chicken Tuscany Pasta, but after eating the appetitizer the robust flavors of the dish were not there for me.  Usually we do not get any appetitizers but because we had a gift certificate we had to use up, we did.  My daughter Rikki joined us for dinner so we split the appetitzer but it was still a lot of food.  It was actually fun figuring out the textures, tastes, and the presentations of the food.   Sugar layered with fat, layered with salt, fat, sugar, and we wonder why American's are overweight.  I don't have to wonder anymore I know.  I think I had about three bites of my main entree and when I realized I just was not hungry it went right into a take home box.  I'm sure I still had tons of calories and I have to say, I would have enjoyed the meal so much BETTER had we not ordered the appetitizer.

Maybe if we could just ask ourselves these questions before put something into our mouths. 
Am I truly hungry or do I have an emotional need?  If emotional verbalize it..I am sad, I am angry, I am lonely.......if we put words to our feelings we might understand that we are trying to fill a hole that is NOT our stomach.
Am I going to be better off after I eat this?
What nutrients will it feed by body?
Am I going to be satisfied?
 
I'm off to go shopping...........

No comments:

Post a Comment