Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 16, 27 to go.............

That good news, no sugar yesterday.  The bad news, my weight is up to 131.  Last night I made tenderized round steak for supper, browned in butter and onions and baked in the oven.  I made gravy from the butter and onions and poured it over the steaks.  It was very good and the meat was very lean but the butter is definitely the problem.   We also had baked french fries and peas with the meal.  This is what I learned:  I am not ready to graduate from the school of healthy eating  yet!  I should have cute the meat in half, instead I ate around 7 oz and 3 - 4 oz would have been a more appropriate portion size.  Instead of making french fries I could have spent more time in the kitchen and made a salad.  I could call my diet the "should have" diet, of course, that's probably what I've been following most of life.  :)   Another fact:  I need to add more fiber in my diet.  I can do this by adding 1/2 cup of Fiber One cereal, 13 grams of fiber, to my daily diet.    Maybe I could add this amount of cereal to my hot oats in the morning, I wonder how that will taste.

I spent most of the day shopping yesterday.  Today I am packing up for the Oprah adventure but I still need a top to wear tonight to the movie screening.   I am just not comfortable with the idea of wearing a turtle neck and a sweater.  I will be too warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment