Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 2, 41 left to go!

What a challenge, sometimes I think my challenge will become an obsession but if I can drop my cholesterol numbers without medication it will be worth it.  I think I need to redefine my challenge to be NO white sugar and minimal white flour.  All but one of my whole wheat bread recipes call for some white flour and what about pasta?????  I will definitely try to cut way back on the white flour as much as possible.

Last night I was hungry when I went to bed.  I turned the TV on to watch the election news but having the TV on in the bedroom is not good for my sleep hygiene.  After watching TV for awhile I talked myself into getting up to get something to eat.  Ended up with a hard boiled egg white, and left over chicken w/veggies. After eating I finally shut off the TV and although it took longer than normal I kept my anxiety in check.  But I woke up at 4:15 am and my anxiety got the best to me.  The doc prescribed anti-anxiety meds for exactly that reason so I took one and fell back to sleep.  I wonder if I woke up because of the late night eating?  Could it have been a change in my blood sugar?

Today was a better day than yesterday.  I was NOT so tired and the running nose I had yesterday subsided.  No symptoms from sugar withdrawal, no headache, no irritability (at least I don't think so) , no shaking, etc.  The day started with a 3 mile run that was not an easy run for me.  Some days you have bad runs and some day good but today was in the bad column.  I had my "colon issues" during the run and that always makes for an uncomfortable finish.  After I got home I had freshly ground peanut butter on a piece of oatmeal/honey bread with coffee.  Lunch was at my sisters which included pork tenderloin, potatoes, and cauliflower. 

I read a post from a friend this afternoon and she talked about making chocolate chips cookies and that's all I could think about.  Even my mouth started to water with the thought of sweet cookies.  Sugar is an addiction that can be controlled, I need to keep telling myself this. 

Rest the day I snacked on a bag of popcorn and supper I had a fruit smoothie w/spinach and flexseed.

Tomorrow will bring it's own challenges.  We are eating out tomorrow night with our son and his girlfriend.  Maybe I will have an apple or some oatmeal before we leave the house so I won't be real hungry when we get to the sports bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment