Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 40, 3 to go.....

It's Saturday....and the snow is coming down.  We are expecting 6 - 12 inches to fall before tomorrow.
Weight this morning 130.2.  Steel cut oatmeal is on the stove cooking and I can't wait for it to be done.  I want to feel the fullness that oatmeals gives me. 

Found one of my sticky notes...info I wanted to remember.
*Fat plus sugar, fat plus salt, fat plus sugar and salt.........each stimulates food intake (we eat more because it takes good) but this combination of food does not fill us up and we keep eating.

Another sticky.
*Between 1995 and 1997 48 cases out of 1000 were dx with diabetes.   Between 2005 and 2007 that jumpted to 91 cases out of 1000.

*Train our satiety, retrain ourselves to feel full and satisfied.

Christmas season doesn't seem right without the baking and if I baked, I would have to eat what I baked or give it all away.   Somehow that just doesn't sound right.  If I am not eating sugar because it's healthier for me than why would I want other people to eat sugar???  Maybe after Tuesday I will feel differently.  I do want to try the recipe for Date Oatmeal Cookies and I did buy all the ingredients so next week I might be baking them.

DRATS........the doctor's office just called and cancelled my appt. for Tuesday.  The nurse will call me on Monday to reschedule! 
...............so the journey continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment