Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 33, 10 to go......................

The last 6 days have just flown by.  I'm in Madison taking care of my grandson, Trent, he's 2 1/2 years old and he keeps me really busy. 

There's not much time to read although I started a new book, "Master your Metabolism" by Jillian Michaels and I am still reading "In Defense of Food".  I'm really not getting far in either one but I keep plodding along.  When I finally get to bed I am so tired and often fall asleep without intending to. 

I've had a few struggles with the sugar issues but I have stayed true to my commitment.  DH had to buy Trent a donut "nonut" for breakfast one morning.  As we stood at the bakery shelves my mouth did NOT water.  (Success.)  At the same store, DH again, hit the candy counter with Trent...picked out little chocolate candies, most of my old favorites, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Hershey Kisses, again no drooling on the floor.  Actually, it was easy, but I have to say it wasn't without a lot of thought.  What would that food feed my body?  Do I want to go back to day 1 again?  Do I want my experiment to fail on day 31?  The answer is no! 

The book, "The End of Overeating" has taught me a lot and now I look at my choices differently.  I am not going to let my old ways dictate my new ways.  I always have a choice and I choose health.  I listened to Dr. Kessler's presentation on You Tube last night, I just searched Dr. David Kessler and it popped up, it's 59 minutes long and takes a lot less time than reading the book again.  He speaks to how the we have changed as a society and how available the food is at every corner.  We no longer just eat at meal times.  How we no longer feel full (or satisfied) if our meals are full of sugar, fat, and salt.  Everything I read and heard of Dr. Kessler's is leading me to a healthier way of looking at and consuming food.

Through this experiment i discovered that I love steel cut oatmeal.  I also know that I can cook a weeks supply, divide it up into individual serving sizes as to not overeat, put into fridge and whalla..........instant oatmeal 6 days a week.  About two minutes in the microwave and it's ready to eat.  How easy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment