Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 38, 5 to go.........

I weighed in this morning at 131 and I am feeling comfortable with that.    There's absolultely no bloated feeling in my stomach.  Actually, now that I am thinking about it,  I feel pretty darn good!  There's no regrets in the morning, I know that I am not putting a lot of wasted calories into my body.   I'm sleeping sp much  better than I was 2 months ago but I know that has almost everything to do with getting off Ambien and a little to do with getting off sugar.

The Women's Christmas Celebration on Tuesday night was a lot tougher than I ever thought it could be.  Of course, I feel that the devil tempted me with all he had.  The  meal was a pot luck meal and the organizers had three huge tables set up.  Two tables were set up with appetizers, entrees, and salads with room to walk around each side of the table.  The other long, long table was desserts and it was full.  Four hundred women turned out for this event which made for really long lines.  By the time our table got into line the line was all the way  past the dessert table.  Now I am hungry, it's 7 pm, and I have to walk slowly past every inch of the dessert table.  I really tried concentrating on my friends and our conversations but the visual presentation of every kind of beautiful Christmas candy, cookies,  pies, and everything else one could possibly imagine was ALMOST too much to handle.

The negative self talk started about 1/4 of the way past the dessert table.  I started asking myself why I was doing this, would I really be able to live without eating sugar, and why would I want too.  The taste, the smell, the texture (Sugar, fat, and salt) of these desserts is what I wanted.  I know that if I had just started my journey (experiment) I would of caved in and ate.  Last year I went back to the dessert table 2 times and filled my plate up with several different desserts and although some looked better than they tasted I probably ate for 1500 calories of these desserts before being full enough to quit.  Toward the end of the line I wanted to cry, I felt so sorry for myself, it was such a self-defeating emotional time.  It was like was was in crisis and why...........it was all caused my sugar and feeling I was depriving myself of some type of joy in my life.   Now that I am looking back and writing about those feelings, it's crazy what food can do to you.  Is my life really less joyful because I can't have a peanut butter ball????

I wanted to add my recipe for Lentil soup.......gives  you something hot to eat when your sooooo cold! 

This is a hearty soup and gives you the feeling of being full. 

1/2 lb of dry lentils........wash them before adding them to the soup
8 cups of water
1/8 cup of barley........estimated, I just through in a handful :)
2 teaspoons of Better than Broth Beef Boullion
2 teaspoons of Better than Broth Veggie Boullion
2 stalks of celery-diced
2 carrots-diced
1 medium onion-diced
salt (to taste but I would probably say I used 1/2 teaspoon)
pepper to taste

You can add everything all at once and just simmer.  Approximately 2 - 3 hours.

If you haven't tried lentils before give this a try.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment